Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant
| Metropolitan State University of Denver|
United States, Colorado, Denver
|June 04, 2022|
Posting Number S00057 Position Title Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Employment Status Student Hourly Hourly Wage
Employee Category Student Department Undergraduate Studies Location Undergraduate Studies (Division) Position Summary
An Undergraduate Teaching Assistant works with a faculty member to enhance the classroom and educational experience of all students in the class.
Undergraduate Teaching Assistants will assist the faculty member with tasks such as:
* Assist with technical aspects of online teaching, including locating and uploading resources to the course, managing questions in chat (for a synchronous class) while faculty is presenting, solving problems or finding quick answers to a technical challenge, etc.
* In synchronous courses, attend class and actively participate in and help facilitate group discussions as appropriate.
* Respond to questions from students that do not require content expertise (i.e. clarification on a due date, where to find a resource, etc., how to resolve a concern).
* Assist in recording videos or creating other elements for the course, based on faculty interest and needs (for example a TA has "interviewed" faculty on a topic and that recording is added to the course site).
* Reach out to students who have are not actively engaged in class or are missing assignments.
* Keep faculty abreast of concerns from students that may not be communicated to the faculty.
* Teaching or leading discussion on a particular unit or topic with coaching and support from the faculty as appropriate and at faculty discretion.
All Undergraduate TAs working through the CARES Act funding are expected to participate in a professional development workshop on Racial Awareness and Justice, and will be provided with access to training resources for Canvas and MS Teams.
Students are selected by the individual faculty member but must be:
* An MSU Denver student in good academic standing and actively enrolled in classes during the semester they serve as TA.
* Have previously taken and passed the class that is being supported, or have an academic record such that the faculty member considers they have adequate knowledge to support the class.
* Undergraduate Teaching Assistants should have skills in collaboration, teamwork and leadership.
* Individual faculty may have additional, specific criteria.
Posting date 12/11/2020 Closing date Closing Instructions Open Until Filled Work Hours
8 - 10 hours/week not to exceed 135 hours during the semester.
Work hours are often flexible and are determined in collaboration with the faculty.
Benefits Special Instructions to Applicants
You should be nominated by your faculty member prior to applying for this position.