We are currently hiring a Brewery Operational Excellence Leader in Breinigsville, PA
Boston Beer Company is embarking on a methodology to optimize our operations, significantly increase capacity, and develop the flexibility to meet the growing demand of our diverse portfolio of products. This will be a 3-8-year journey to bring processes, skill sets, and tools to the hands of all our brewery team members. We are looking for the right mix of energy, skills, experience, and drive to complete this journey with the highest of quality.
What You'll Brew:
As the brewery OpEx UP (IWS) Manager, the more you know about UP (IWS) and how it relates to successful loss reductions the better position you will be to guide your organization.
This person will work closely alongside the Corporate Operational Excellence Leader (Head of Op Ex) and Brewery Manager (Director of Operations) to develop the strategy and implement it. This team will design, train and coach the systems and processes necessary to drive operational excellence (UP). This scope will have three main workstreams:
- Industrial Performance-Linking manufacturing performance to financial performance
- Manufacturing Excellence-Creating optimize work processes both internally and externally to the brewery
- UP (IWS) Implementation-Implementing IWS Methodology incl Total Performance Maintenance (TPM)
- lead the implementation of the vison and strategy for Industrial Performance, Manufacturing Excellence and TPM / UP (IWS) methodologies at the Boston Beer Company for one of our breweries,
- Be the program manager for the UP (IWS) development and implementation at the brewery, including ownership for the direction and adjustments needed to keep the program moving at the pace set by the brewery leadership team,
- Have ownership of the executional progress of the UP (IWS) program in the brewery,
- use of learning from the Enterprise (regional) team and other benchmarks.
- Ability to apply UP (IWS) best practices to speed material flow, drive out waste and reduce inventory.
- Identity techniques to document, analyze and improve the flow of information or materials required as part of the production process.
- Apply the 5S system of UP (IWS) to manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Improve the effectiveness of communication and reaction usingvisual management(MES, white boards and productivity signals).
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) critical to ensuring project team has the performance data needed to sustain improvements against established goals.
- Leverage relationships with coworkers to achieve and sustain UP (IWS) initiatives.
What Ingredients You'll Bring:
- BA/BS degree in relevant area (business or production/manufacturing/engineering)
- Minimum of 4-6 years across progressive roles in manufacturing direct-leadership roles
- Proven ability with implementing LEAN / TPM / IWS methodologies at the factory level
- Proven ability with large-scale change management
- Proven ability to promote the adoption of standardized processes and systems
- Proven ability to foster a collaborative work environment within a factory
- Proven track record of learning, designing, and implementing good business process and systems
- Proven track record in leading continuous improvement initiatives resulting in sustained results and embedded behaviors across complex manufacturing environments
- Direct Leadership role in either Operations or Maintenance Function
- Fast-moving Consumer Goods manufacturing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the supply chain planning process
- Six Sigma certification (Black Belt, Green Belt) a plus
- Workfront system knowledge and use a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
Our people are our most important "ingredient." We hire the best talent; and we reward, develop, and retain them too.
In addition to generous healthcare on day one, stock purchase plan, 401k and more, Full Time Boston Beer Coworkers have the following perks available*:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fertility/adoption support
- Free financial coaching
- Health & wellness program and discounts
- Professional development & training
- Free beer!
*Talk to your recruiter about eligibility
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran's Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.
#LI-Operational Excellence Leader