We are currently hiring an Internal Audit Analyst in Boston, MA (Hybrid).
The Internal Audit Analyst will be responsible for performing financial, compliance, SOX, and occasional operational audits, evaluating management controls and compliance to internal policies, performing special projects, and reporting findings to Senior Management. This role will report to the Manager, Internal Audit.
What You'll Brew:
- Participate in the planning, testing, and reporting on internal controls related to section 404 of Sarbanes Oxley to assist management with quarterly and annual certifications on the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting. Additionally, make recommendations for improving the internal control environment
- Be the liaison with the external auditors, accounting, and other related departments to facilitate effective and efficient external audits of the financial statements and internal controls over financial reporting
- Develop and maintain relationships with the management team to act as a consultant for the improvement of processes and internal control
- Prepare work papers to ensure risks accurately identified, control objectives are identified, controls defined, effective audit steps documented, and appropriate documentation (i.e. testing performed, issues identified, etc.)
- Draft clear and accurate findings that are well written and objectively convey the observation and recommendation in the appropriate context
- Recommend remediation plan for associated findings and track status of mitigation steps against previously agreed upon metrics
- Utilize data analytics in all phases of the audit process
- Continuously improve the audit process on a going forward basis to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the audits
- Maintains credibility and independence
- Participate in ad hoc projects at the request of Senior Management and/or Audit Committee
What Ingredients You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting, or related field required
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting/auditing "Big 4" experience or internal audit experience at a publicly traded corporation
- Experienced in most aspects of the audit process, including the COSO 2013 framework; Information Technology; knowledge of accounting policies and procedures including GAAP, FASB, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements
- CPA and/or CIA candidate preferred
- Industry or manufacturing experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
Our people are our most important "ingredient." We hire the best talent; and we reward, develop, and retain them too.
In addition to generous healthcare on day one, stock purchase plan, 401k and more, Full Time Boston Beer Coworkers have the following perks available*:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fertility/adoption support
- Free financial coaching
- Health & wellness program and discounts
- Professional development & training
- Free beer!
*Talk to your recruiter about eligibility
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran's Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.