We are currently hiring for our next Packaging Assistant in Breinigsville, PA.
Packaging Assistants will be cross trained on the Variety Pack Lines (Cans and Bottles), Boxmakers, Tray Packers, and Line 7 Climax in the Packaging Department and will become familiar with all equipment in their daily designated area of work.
What You'll Brew:
- Must be able to work with a team-oriented, "Safety First" approach. Safely, efficiently, and effectively work to attain department and brewery objectives.
- Must observe and practice all Department/Brewery Procedures. Including the proper use of all PPE, this may include but is not limited to; voluntary respirators, bump caps, safety shoes, hearing protection, and eye protection in conjunction with all GMP regulations.
- Safely and efficiently operate Packaging Department equipment/machinery as assigned to meet department/brewery goals.
- Must be receptive to working in a team environment and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and make recommendations to the process.
- Conduct proper sanitation duties. Involving the complete cleaning of all the equipment within the facility. Foaming equipment, hoses, brooms, shovels, brushes, scrapers, squeegees, and the numerous chemicals that are necessary to sanitize the designated site.
- Communicate with coworkers through face to face interactions, brewery phones, and radios.
- Perform work and cleaning in confined space areas such as the Pasteurizer.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and hot and cold room environments.
What Ingredients You'll Bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent, and applicable Production knowledge required.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all team peers and customers.
- Must be available to work 12 hour days, nights, weekends and holiday schedules as required. Overtime as required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficient with Computer systems and automated equipment. Must be able to learn and accurately utilize company systems; operate computers and automated equipment and input data as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs repetitively throughout the shift.
- Be to stand, twist, and bend as required for 90% of the work schedule.
Our people are our most important "ingredient." We hire the best talent; and we reward, develop, and retain them too.
In addition to generous healthcare on day one, stock purchase plan, 401k and more, Full Time Boston Beer Coworkers have the following perks available*:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fertility/adoption support
- Free financial coaching
- Health & wellness program and discounts
- Professional development & training
- Free beer!
*Talk to your recruiter about eligibility
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran's Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.