US0177 North East Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
Provide clerical support to the operations department personnel. Performs all duties safely, accurately and meets set goals and expectations.
- Maintain accurate files and filing systems to include operations documentation and other miscellaneous documents.
- Write, type or enter information into the computer to prepare reports and copy information from one record to another.
- Proofread records and forms to verify the accuracy of reports.
- Prepare requisitions for office, computer, and routine supply purchases.
- Effectively research, track, and resolve (or properly refer) documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with company personnel and with management.
- Ensure that all Hazmat paperwork is accurate and prepared for drivers. On one-way Hazmat loads, verify the driver is Hazmat certified and ensure the driver signs the paperwork.
- Ensure proper Hazmat placards are included with the outbound paperwork.
- Convey Hazmat loads to yard jockeys and coordinate with the yard jockeys to ensure that the proper Hazmat placards are placed on the trailer(s).
- Send completed Hazmat load paperwork to Transportation.
- Download the time-temperature recorders (TTR) for inbound loads from suppliers and other vendors containing Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) items and/or any refrigerated (cooler or frozen) load with a TTR, print the temperature report, attach a copy to the receiving paperwork and bill of lading (BOL), and save a copy to the 'O' drive on the computer network. Keep HACCP documents and refrigerated load documents (receiving worksheet, bill of lading, and TTR report) separate for verification.
- Communicate temp abuse loads to the supervisor. Coordinate the move of the load to a dock door for inspection, and provide the temp abuse form to the unloader/receiver.
- Download any TTRs (if included) on temp abuse loads. Forward the temp abuse form, photos of the load, and applicable TTR report to the RDC Claims Coordinator for product disposition.
- Coordinate getting the pallet trailers moved to a dock door for unloading upon request by Total Pallet Management (TPM) by selecting a particular trailer and changing its appointment time so a yard jockey receives a task through the Warehouse Management (WM) system to bring the trailer to the dock door. Receive a load of pallets into WM.
- After the pallet trailer has been unloaded or reloaded, close the load through WM, which will create a yard jockey task to move the trailer from the dock door.
- Communicate any trailer issues which need to be addressed to yard jockeys by relaying messages via hand-held radio.
- Print the 'Loads by Dock Doors Report' as a guide for trailers/temps.
- Responsible for compiling vendor compliance issues from warehouse receipts into WM for tracking purposes.
- Responsible for ensuring damages are noted on OS&Ds and have appropriate photographs of the damaged product.
- Post photos of damaged product to 'O' Drive.
- Prepare shift start-up paperwork to include re-palletization worksheet, receiving worksheets, work assignment sheet (case picks) and case pick labels, and outbound trailer loading report (load sheets). Assign trucks to the appropriate dock doors through WM.
- Schedule dock doors for the following workdays.
- Check all outbound loads to ensure the trailer weight and dock doors are correct, and the trailer numbers match to paperwork and WM.
- After loads are complete. Scan outbound load documents of completed loads to third party dedicated carrier, and print BOLs from WM for one-way trailers/carriers.
- Ensure all UUC (un-adopted unitized cross-dock/freight forwarding) paperwork is scanned into the UUC database on the 'O' drive after receipt.
- Ensure all paperwork for outbound UUC freight is completed accurately and attached to the appropriate outbound load.
- Ensure that the work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Report any unfixable/unsafe issue to a supervisor.
- Observe and enforce all safety rules in an effort to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Ensure computer and office equipment are used in a safe and professional manner.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Associate Handbook, etc.).
- Comply with all applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and policies (i.e. OSHA, HACCP, AIB, etc.)
- Accept additional responsibilities or special projects as requested. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must pass a functional capacity test.
- Must work independently with minimal supervision, and have strong attention to details.
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) preferred
one-year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic math and computer skills are required.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and write simple correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, visitors, and outside contractors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Must possess excellent organizational and problem-solving skills. Must be able to effectively interact with different personalities and levels of people.
Must be able to work in a proactive manner, address issues, and solve problems by using previous education and experience in identifying appropriate actions. Problems will vary in complexity and there will not always be a clearly defined solution. Some solutions may require modifying past applications or creating a solution unique to the current situation, but within the regulations that would apply.
The working conditions and physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to sit. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Most job responsibilities are performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to fast-moving material handling equipment or other mechanical equipment. The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate.
This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work (days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on departmental requirements.
The position does not require travel.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit https://Sysco Benefits.com
HOW WE PROTECT OUR
COVID-19 Precaution (s):
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.