Temporary position that has a tentative date end 9/30/2022
Responsible for assisting with the development and execution of child and family recruitment initiatives for CAP Tulsa's Early Childhood Program (ECP) based on a collaborative outreach strategy that offers a comprehensive approach to informing families, community partners and social services agencies of the agency's ECP programs and family services. Reports to Assistant Director, Admissions & Recruitment, no direct reports. Ensures that clients' first contact with CAP is a positive experience. Performs duties including but not limited to accepting program applications, conducting community outreach and recruitment activities, responding to client inquiries, and utilizing databases and software applications to support program and department operation needs. Sets precedent within limits and/or administers operating rules and procedures under management guidance. Performs advanced troubleshooting or analysis; uses judgement to select from multiple known alternatives. Frequent interaction to provide detailed procedural explanations or technical responses and/or occasional contact to negotiate basic agreements. No supervisory responsibilities.
- Assist with organizing a range of recruitment initiatives and conduct to ensure that robust waitlist is maintained.
- In collaboration with Assistant Director and recruitment team to ensure funded enrollment requirements are met using effective marketing, partnership, and recruitment tactics; maintain knowledge of recruitment needs and enrollment requirements.
- Coordinate with Assistant Director and recruitment team to ensure participation in CAP sponsored events, resource fairs, campus events, promotional and community-based events that target families, including those with special needs children and multilingual. Some events will require attendance in the evenings and on weekends.
- Oversee development of relationships in the community with the intent of generating referrals to Early Childhood Programs.
- Work with management to review advertising and marketing materials to ensure relevance and provide recommendations and strategies to target areas with low enrollment.
- Continuously track, evaluate, and review recruitment efforts to determine effectiveness. When the waitlist is at a minimum overall or for a specific school catchment recommend and deploy efforts geared toward increasing applicants to ensure performance standards are maintained.
- Partner with program managers to ensure Head Start Performance Standards and program regulations are met.
- Develop a working knowledge of application intake, application interviews and data entry
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Outlook.
- Intermediate-Advanced computer skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required
- Thorough understanding of and demonstrable experience in marketing, advertising, and recruitment elements such as social media, digital media, market research, and recruitment data analytics and tools.
- Internships or strong relationships within the Tulsa community, demonstrable involvement with various organizations.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, exceptional communication and writing skills; partnered with a creative mindset.
- Must have positive and team-oriented interpersonal relationship skills to maintain effective and satisfactory working relationships with intra-department and inter-department staff, vendors, clients, visitors, and contractors.
- Additional qualifications include advanced organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritize, demonstrated commitment to completing assignments on a timely basis, ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions with ability to read, interpret and present information efficiently and effectively.
- Reliable transportation is necessary to deliver materials, to make presentations at partner offices, to get to recruitment and media events, etc.