Vallen's Vendor Managed Inventory III (VMI) Team Lead is an individual contributor responsible for providing leadership and training to other VMI employees. The team lead may also assist management as necessary with coordinating the work of others to ensure proper client coverage and support. The VMI Team Lead is responsible for maintaining inventory at customer designated sites. Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in, receiving, storing, distributing and order fulfillment of merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Checks goods received and for distribution against purchase orders or invoices. Responsible for transporting company cargo to customers. Responsible for safety of public while operating company vehicles. Follows proper guidelines for use of all equipment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and training mentorship to assigned VMI associates.
- Drives company commercial vehicles to transport and deliver goods to designated locations in a safe manner and in compliance with all State and Federal DOT standards and regulations.
- Assist with VMI customer space/placement, sets up the appropriate area to receive shipment of material, stocks the product in the customer's designated area.
- Follows the customer order through from pick-up at Vallen's warehouse/DC to delivery and set up at customer site.
- Works to ensure the accuracy of shipments to the customer.
- Perform VMI functions at vending point of use areas: loading, receiving and minor repairs or changes, including mandatory communication with direct supervisor and the sales team.
- Takes customer spot buy orders when needed and relays the information to the CSR or Account Rep.
- Recommends changes to the customer inventory levels based on usage.
- Scans bins at customer site to generate customer orders
- Ensures that bar code labels are up to date and legible for scanners to read or prints out the appropriate bar code labels as needed.
- Collects data from VMI team on min/max, reorder point/quantity and reports observations back to managements.
- Assist in the annual inventory (cycle) counts on consigned customer sites.
- Assist in the development of customer specific instruction manual for use by local VMI team members.
- Presents information and respond to questions from clients, customers, and managers.
- 5S all VMI Point of Use areas.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 4 years' relevant experience or training in warehouse, inventory counting or delivery
- Valid driver's license that complies with Vallen's standards.
- Willingness to learn and work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature.
- Must be a self-starter with the willingness to work with supervision.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Demonstrated ability to get the job done correctly and in a timely manner.
- Possess a proactive and positive team approach to problem resolution.
- Must have the ability to establish strong working relationships with customers, co-workers and management
- Ability to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Must have knowledge of company products
- Ability to represent Vallen in a professional manner projecting a Winning Team approach to customer service.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and may be implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials and wear various forms of protective equipment (shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.).
- Required to properly operate and control a motor vehicle; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand and may include little to no advanced notice.
- Sitting, standing, walking, squatting/kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying multiple times per shift, fingering, talking, hearing, and seeing.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 75 pounds; must have the ability to handle physical inventory that requires hand dexterity.
- May work in extreme hot or cold environments; various facilities may have dusty conditions.
Enhance your career by joining an amazing team at Vallen
Working at Vallen, it's not only a place you go to work but a place to feel connected and part of a team. We offer employee resource groups for allyship, education, networking, professional growth, engagement, and much more. At Vallen, we also encourage community engagement through our Vallen Cares outreach initiative. Through this program, our employees get together for volunteer efforts, charitable giving, team-building activities, and sustainability programs.
We strive to uphold our mission of passionately serving our customers and suppliers with responsiveness, expertise, and empathy while striving to continuously learn and improve performance all while staying connected with one another
is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC.
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a Career Path Opportunities.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on and ,