Radiologic Technologist - OR, $10k sign on
| Parkland Health and Hospital System (PHHS)
United States, Texas, Dallas
5201 Harry Hines Boulevard (Show on map)
|February 01, 2024
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion
**Eligible for $10k Sign-On
Primary Purpose:Responsible for acquiring quality diagnostic radiographic images for a range of basic to complex imaging procedures in assigned area of Radiology to provide optimal patient care.
* Must be a graduate of an accredited Radiology Program.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
* Equivalent education that is recognized and accepted by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) to be eligible to sit for the ARRT(R) credential exam.
Skills or Special Abilities:
* Must be able to demonstrate time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to demonstrate oral and written communication skills.
* Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of Radiologic equipment.
* Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
1. Responsible for production quality radiographs of basic and intermediately complex exams/procedures, while adapting procedures and technical factors in relation to patient conditions and history. Participates in quality review program. Responsible for understanding and adhering to radiation safety regulations and infection control standards established by Parkland and accreditation agencies to ensure that Radiologic procedures are carried out safely.
2. Utilizes technical knowledge and skills to perform procedures accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with age specific criteria. Completes exam charges and image documentation in a timely manner. Administers contrast material in the correct dosage, route and observes patients for adverse reactions. Enters accurate patient exam data into the electronic health record. Responsible for equipment, supplies, and room preparation in order to ensure appropriate set-up before each procedure.
3. Interviews patient (two patient identifier), conducts patient screening (when applicable) and obtains medical history pertaining to procedure's clinical criteria. Explains procedure and instructs patient on necessary requirements needed to provide diagnostic images. Answers questions/screening concerning procedures and contrast for relevant exams. Assists the physician as needed in performing procedures. Ensures that images and records are properly completed with patient identification data and appropriate labeling.
4. Maintains equipment including running quality assurance checks and notifying supervisor of maintenance needs. Maintains a record of quality assurance tests to ensure that equipment runs efficiently and effectively. Maintains all passwords to each computer system. Promptly reports equipment malfunctions to supervisor or the appropriate engineering department.
5. Transports patients to and from radiographic area as needed and consults with physicians or other healthcare providers regarding x-ray orders, performed procedures, and protocol to ensure that radiographic needs are met.
6. Participates in departmental Performance Improvement Programs, promotes Parkland Health mission, vision, values, and its relationship to the work environment, attends modality meetings satisfactorily. Functions in the department as part of an interdisciplinary team and collaborates in the care and service delivery process of patient care through effective communication with other service lines. Prioritizes exams with scheduling exams to ensure smooth workflow, minimize wait times and address stat and urgent requests.
7. Responds to inquiries, calls, emails in a timely and professional manner. Communicates shift hand off regarding workflow issues with equipment or pending exams with oncoming staff. Engages in equitable distribution of departmental workloads. Serves as a resource and role model to other staff and team members.
8. Takes responsibility for own professional growth and development by maintaining ARRT and State licensure. Completes mandatory Parkland training. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.