| Buckeye Partners L.P.|
United States, Texas, Houston
4200 Westheimer Road (Show on map)
|September 23, 2022|
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
The Strategy Associate will support and advance Buckeye's strategy and sustainability efforts through business analysis, valuation and research activities related to strategy development and implementation, investment review, and business development, as well as strategic support regarding the Company's sustainability objectives and targets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
* Strategic Planning. Development of strategic planning analysis and materials for periodic strategy meetings and discussions with Executive Team and Board of Directors. Interfacing, as necessary, with all internal and external parties involved including, but not limited to, external market and strategy consultants.
* Sustainability. Provide carbon footprint management and forecasting as part of Buckeye sustainability targets. Develop carbon footprint estimates for both merger & acquisition as well as growth projects to appropriately model emissions increase and/or emissions avoidance. Support VP-Sustainability in maintaining carbon emissions reduction plan and associated projects and opportunities. Track REC/RIN pricing trends to assist with procurement program.
* Investment Review. Review of investments and projects for financial returns consistency, risks, due diligence, strategy alignment and ESG goals and targets. Assist Business Development and Commercial teams with Investment Review Committee (IRC) materials.
* Business Development, Merger & Acquisition (M&A) and Asset Management Support. Provide ad-hoc modeling, research, and project management support for business development, M&A and asset management of our investment portfolio in both the core business and alternative energy areas.
* Research and Collaboration. Gather quantitative and qualitative inputs to highlight growth opportunities that will augment Buckeye's existing business and expand that business to other industry segments identified in the company's strategic plan. Research and follow key industry macro and regulatory trends for competitive intelligence and implications for Buckeye assets and investments. Support ongoing development of Buckeye's corporate strategy by collaborating with cross-functional teams to evaluate the portfolio of activities during the annual strategic planning process.
* Bachelors Degree in a business, finance, data science, engineering or other technical discipline required.
* MBA with a finance concentration would be preferred.
* 5+ years of related experience in strategy or business development with M&A transaction related experience preferred.
* 3+ years experience of related, industry experience is desired, preferably in energy industry.
* Sustainability-related experience and/or knowledge of climate change risk, ESG, and corporate strategy trends and challenges
* High-level analytical and quantitative skills are necessary. Experience with Excel and other analytics solutions
* Ability and willingness learn computer-based business applications to support role as required
* Proven organizational, planning and prioritization skills, capable of managing information, data and correspondence on multiple levels
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage tight deadlines
* Demonstrated ability and professionalism in dealing with sensitive information and urgent matters
Certificates & Licenses:
* None required
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
* Understanding of energy transition topics directly related to Natural Gas, Liquids and Power Generation infrastructure businesses, and the Midstream and/or Utility sectors.
* Basic knowledge of sustainable financial services/green banking concepts
* This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
* This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
* Regular office environment
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation's largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)