Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Apprentice Pipeliner (after 05/01/2008)
| Buckeye Partners L.P.|
United States, Indiana, Huntington
226 East Hosler Road (Show on map)
|August 09, 2022|
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Pipeliner with experience in terminal, pipeline or plant operations with general knowledge of equipment and maintenance of pipeline and terminal facilities in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our team!
The Pipeliner role is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing equipment and pipeline and terminal facilities with little direct supervision.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
Timeframe: 0 - 18 months.
* Right of Way. Learning the company's damage prevention program including One Calls, Right of Way investigations and maintenance, 3rd Party Crossings, Property Owner awareness activities, as required. Performing duties under the supervision of a Pipeliner A.
* Introduction to Regulatory Compliance. Learning environmental regulations, safety directives and operating procedures so that the Company can assure compliance. Ensuring that management is apprised of any area or issue that should be addressed regarding regulatory compliance including environmental, health and safety.
* Customer Service. Maintaining a good relationship with all customers and respond to their inquiries and needs as required.
* Introduction to Documentation. Learning to maintain accurate and appropriate documentation on all work performed.
* Training on Emergency Response. Attend 24 hour new employee hazwhopper training for emergency response.
* Introduction to Cathodic Protection. Learning the company's Cathodic Protection theory, including inspecting Cathodic Protection systems for tanks, performing corrosion probes, installing and maintaining test leads, taking Cathodic Protection measurements and inspecting and testing insulating devices, as required.
* Pipeline Operations. Obtain a full working knowledge and understanding of pipeline operations.
* And other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Related experience in terminal, pipeline or plant operations required.
* General knowledge or experience in the petroleum industry is required.
* Up to 15% travel required.
Certificates & Licenses:
* Valid driver's license
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
* In order to be successful in this position, one must possess a strong mechanical aptitude and excellent analytical skills.
* Good communication and problem-solving skills are also required.
* This position requires someone who can work well under pressure and has a strong commitment to safety.
* This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
* This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
* This role is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
* This position requires the employee to regularly access and work at or around heights in excess of 5 feet, moving mechanical parts, moving on-track rail equipment, petroleum product or other chemical fumes, airborne particles like dust or other chemicals, vibration, uneven terrain, and high noise level in the work environment.
* The incumbent must meet medical criteria established by OSHA for emergency response.
* This position may require exposure to hazardous environments and require the wearing of a respirator.
* Must be able and willing to spend on average 90%of ones time on his/her feet
* Must be able to lift large, heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds 10 to 20 times per day on average.
* The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
* This position communicates with supervision and co-workers via VHF radio and hand signals, or cell phone.
* The incumbent in this role must wear Fire Retardant Clothing (FRC) and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required in hazardous areas.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate with others.
* This position requires the ability to climb ladders (approx. 50 feet) and work comfortably and safely at heights for extended periods of time.
* This position is subject to DOT drug and alcohol regulations.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation's largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)