Procurement Project Coordinator
UNITED BY STEEL - We are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace culture and celebrate the diversity of our employees. We are all responsible to live these principles and lead by example as we prioritize the physical and psychological safety of every team member.
The Project Coordinator is a key member of the senior leadership team within Procurement. The role will be a member of the senior leadership team and will report to the VP/CPO. There are key administrative and project coordination activities the position include:
- Creation and distribution of Hyperion/WAVE reporting. This critical reporting will also require the position to understand and identify trends within the reporting that will require follow up from the WAVE Projects.
- Manage Raw Material Revenue/EBITDA reporting and distribution monthly. This includes assembly of the revenue reports from the Center of Excellence and follow up on any open questions from the recipients of the reports.
- Coordinate Project Management Office (PMO) including schedule of the meetings with follow up items from previous meetings.
Participate in and coordinate with senior leadership the monthly week in office activities. These would overall group meetings including the War Room and individual team meetings and volunteer activities.
- Compile and publish savings detail, leakage analysis, late action reports, and other required reporting for Procurement and top-level management utilizing Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Execute on a tracking system for late actions by group and individual to highlight any additional help that is needed and communicate results to Procurement leadership.
- Compile and publish Supplier Diversity information internally to executive management and submit to external customers.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple internal customer requests; able to prioritize requests with guidance.
- Provide administrative support to the VP/CPO and the position's direct reports.
The role is also subject to confidentiality requirements for projects that are considered to be sensitive and will require the person holding the position to sign off on Non-Disclosure requirements. This role requires the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with multiple departments across the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Related Field.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in supply chain, marketing, business, or related field or equivalent U.S. Steel experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Related Field.
- Strong computer desktop application skills specifically in the area of spreadsheets and data manipulation.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and obtain desired results.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Decision making and sound judgment are a necessity, as is the ability to perform well under pressure and to communicate and work effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint.
U. S. Steel is a leading steel producer founded in 1901. Today, we're a greener company with an infinitely recyclable product, the world's only LEED-certified steel mill, and an ambitious plan to reduce emissions.
We make products that make everyday life possible - automotive, construction, appliance, energy, container, and packaging industries all benefit from our innovation.
We show pride in our communities with company-sponsored employee volunteer programs, corporate contributions, partnerships in support of education, scholarships for our next generation of leaders, and many other programs. We are continually recognized for our commitment to our employees, most recently as a Most Loved Workplace (Newsweek 2021), a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality (Human Rights Campaign Foundation 2020 & 2021), and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion (Disability Equality Index 2021). It's easy to see why U. S. Steel employees take Pride in Our Past as we Build the Future, United by Steel.
Business & Support Services
Think: Think Critically and Drive Change
Lead: Develop Talent and Collaborate
Do: Empower Performance and Deliver Results
Equal Employment Opportunity
Conducting business with integrity and with the highest ethical values has underpinned U. S. Steel's success for over 100 years, and it remains critical to our company's success in the future. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status. (California residents may visit regarding collection of personal information and U. S. Steel's privacy practices.)
United States Steel Corporation