Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Patient Relations Specialist
| Aledade, Inc.|
United States, Oregon, Tualatin
|August 19, 2022|
SUMMARY: Responsible for greeting patients, providing information, communicating with departments and scheduling appointments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one year experience in customer service setting.
- Preferred one year medical front office experience.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
-Excellent written and oral communication skills.
-Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Empathetic with patient needs and concerns.
-Treats patients and co-workers with respect.
-Ability in using office equipment and handling paperwork adequately.
- Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone and establish/maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, staff and other customers.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks effectively.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Greet patients in polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provide any necessary instructions/directions. Inform appropriate department/person of patient's arrival.
- Update patient information, collect copays, provide any necessary forms needing completion and obtain signatures as necessary.
- Answer telephone calls, record messages for physicians and department personnel, schedule patient appointments and revise patient schedules for cancellations.
- Schedule patients for follow-up appointments.
- Prepare same for daily appointments, make copies and scanning of material and includes proper patient data in medical record in order to maintain necessary information.
- Using the computer system, update and/or correct any patient information as necessary.
- Maintain a clean and orderly waiting area. * Perform insurance eligibility as assigned.
- Perform DEMOS as assigned.
- Document Vaccines with registry as assigned.
- Performs other duties assigned by Site manager.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-Ability to lift 50 pounds.
-Able to stand for most of your shift.
-Able to bend, squat, walk, and sit.
-Able to talk, to hear and see.
OSHA Compliance Policy Cascade Physicians is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our staff. We strive to adhere to all OSHA regulations, as described in our OSHA manual. Any staff member who, after training, fails to comply with the OSHA standards and our policies is subject to disciplinary actions. Behavior Statement The employee must be able to effectively communicate with both patients and co-workers in a professional and respectful manner at all times. This includes but is not limited to demonstrating a positive attitude even on high patient volume days, addressing people with politeness, going above and beyond to assist physicians, treating all people equally, and conducting themselves in a helpful and courteous manner at all times; while behaving appropriately.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.