The Assistant Coach of Men's Volleyball is responsible for assisting in the direction of the men's volleyball program according to the rules and policies of Saint Vincent College and the NCAA. The assistant men's volleyball coach (part time) assists the head coach in directing and managing a varsity intercollegiate sport program at the College and, in general terms, assists in practice and game preparation as well as recruiting, retention and program administration within that program. Assistant coaches are expected to work non-traditional hours, which includes nights and weekends, throughout the academic year and during break periods, at the direction of the head coach.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree required
EXPERIENCE: Prior playing experience or prior coaching experience. Current certification in first aid, CPR and AED.
- Assists in promoting the intercollegiate programs of the College. Is thoroughly familiar with eligibility rules and abides by them. Promotes a high standard of athletics based upon the athletic and academic philosophy of Saint Vincent College, the Presidents' Athletic Conference and the NCAA.
- Assists in the determination of fiscal requirements and maintaining fiscal responsibilities in controlling program expenditures. Assists in monitoring expenditures of the budgeted funds. Assists in managing equipment needs and inventory for the program.
- Recruits academically qualified student athletes for admission to the College with adherence to admission policies and procedures. Identifies and evaluates prospective student athletes through attendance at contests, tournaments, camps and clinics. Additional resources for identification and evaluations of prospects should be utilized, including video/film, social media outlets, recruiting websites and the College's in-house recruiting system. Prospective student athlete evaluations will continue throughout the academic year and during break periods, as recruiting is a year-round process.
- Updates and monitors prospective student athlete's admission status and communication interactions through the College's in-house admission reporting system, throughout the year and during break periods.
- Coordinates prospective student athlete's on-campus visits with the College Admission Office staff, throughout the academic year and during break periods.
- Demonstrates leadership, sportsmanship and conduct becoming of the coaching profession and adhering to all College and NCAA guidelines.
- Provides leadership, mentorship, and instruction in the personal, academic and athletic development of student-athletes, throughout the academic year and during break periods, adhering to all polices set forth by the NCAA.
- Counsels and mentors team members in academics, disciplinary and personal matters. in consultation with College administration and faculty, throughout the year and during break periods.
- Supervises and mentors student athletes in a coordinated program of practices and competition, with a concern for the student athlete's' health and welfare. Is responsible for teaching, coaching and mentoring all aspects and student athletes of the program
- Assists in developing team policies, in coordination with College and Athletic Department policies.
- Works with the sports medicine staff for the care and prevention of athletic injuries, supporting all student athlete well-being programs instituted by the sports medicine staff.
- Assists in the preparation of the intercollegiate competition schedule that complies with the College and Athletic Department policies.
- Assists in the coordination of team travel, including housing and meals during travel.
- Assists in directing the team in preparation and analyses of opponent's teams. Analyzes game statistics and tactical data of opponents and prepares game plans accordingly.
- Represents the Saint Vincent College Athletic Department in professional, civic, charitable and alumni events throughout the academic year and during break periods.
- Participates in Athletic Department fundraising events.
- Cooperates with all athletic department staff members to enhance overall departmental operations.
- Attends all required NCAA and Presidents' Athletic Conference sport specific and administrative meetings, throughout the academic year and during break periods.
- Maintains professional growth through meetings, clinics and workshops. Maintains membership in sport specific coaching associations that provide career development opportunities and are required for student athlete recognition.
1. Serves on committees of the College, as requested.
2. Carries out special projects and responsibilities as directed by the Athletic Director and President.
All positions require the incumbent to be able to fully embrace the unique mission and identity of the College as a Catholic, Benedictine liberal arts and sciences institution. Saint Vincent College is committed to diversity and encourages applicants from all qualified candidates. Saint Vincent College is committed to building a diversified and competent population of faculty and staff, and encourages applications from women and minorities. Saint Vincent is an equal opportunity employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Background checks will be performed on all new faculty, staff and adjunct positions. Employment is conditional upon satisfactory background checks and clearances.