Job posting has expiredBack to search results
PT Meat Market Sales Associate
| Hannaford Supermarkets|
United States, New Hampshire, Keene
481 West Street (Show on map)
|June 30, 2023|
Address: USA-NH-Keene-481 West Street
Store Code: Store 08163 Meat (7241845)
Hannaford Supermarkets started out as a fresh produce vendor in Portland, Maine way back in 1883, and is still connected to those early roots as a local market. Hannaford actively seeks out farmers and producers to join our Local program which celebrates not only local foods, but the preservation of farmland, local traditions and local jobs. The connection we have to the source of our fresh foods is core to the way we do business, becoming the first major supermarket in the United States to document that all its seafood products were sustainably harvested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Comply with all company policies, procedures, and government regulations.
* Meet all applicable Management Planning guidelines.
* Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
* Develop product knowledge in all areas of the meat department including cooking procedures.
* Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervisor.
* Assist in training of other associates when assigned.
* Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times; comply with company personal appearance policy.
* Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
* Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
* Observe and maintain company sanitation and food safety standards.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Good interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
* Must meet minimum age requirements.
* Effective customer service and communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
* Lift cases or packages of meat products weighing 1-40lb. frequently and 100 lb. on occasion.
* Meet established volume activity standards.
* Stand or walk 100% of the time while working in temperatures of 45 degrees F the majority of the time.
* Perform repetitive grasping, twisting, reaching and hand/arm motions as the product is identified, wrapped, priced and weighed.
* Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials and meat products.
* Frequent bending
* Provide outstanding customer service. Communicate with and assist customers in selection of product.
* Identify, wrap, price, and weigh all meat department items in accordance with specified procedures outlined by standard practice.
* Stock the fresh, frozen, and self-service cases using proper rotation procedures.
* Assist meat cutters by scraping and traying products, cubing steaks, and grinding ground meats.
* Receive any meat delivery, code, rotate, and put in appropriate storage area.
* Wash, rinse and sanitize all cases, wrap stations/area, scaling equipment, cooler, cutting room, including disassembling and re-assembling equipment therein.
* Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Hannaford provides equal opportunity in employment to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), age, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 295111_external_USA-NH-Keene_3172023