Howmet Aerospace is currently in search of a Specialist, Financial Transactions & Policy to join the Controllership department in Pittsburgh, PA. This position is open to part-time work at 32 hours per week.
The position, which is based at the Howmet Corporate Center located on the North Shore in Pittsburgh, PA, reports to the Assistant Controller of the group and is part of the Controllership organization. The Controllership department is responsible for assisting Howmet's Business Segments and Corporate Resource Units with addressing complex accounting and technical reporting matters and developing accounting policies for Howmet globally. In addition, the Controllership department performs financial analysis and represents Howmet's financial and accounting interests associated with acquisitions and divestitures.
Major Activities/Key Challenges:
- Accountable for complex accounting, analysis and reporting to ensure the accurate and timely reporting of Howmet's financial results for both internal and external purposes
- Assist with evaluating, documenting, and concluding on complex accounting issues and financial transactions identified/proposed by operating locations as well as Corporate teams
- Assist with developing and implementing procedures for new accounting pronouncements and developing global accounting and reporting standards
- Analyzing, documenting and evaluating accounting policies and transactions
- Coordinating and explaining complex accounting transactions and internal controls with our external auditors
- Updating the Howmet accounting policy manual
- Serving as a subject matter expert in several technical accounting areas such as revenue recognition, inventory valuation, capitalization of property, leases, asset and goodwill impairment evaluation, restructuring, receivable factoring and debt financing
- Analyzing monthly financial results of manufacturing locations and summarizing findings for review by executive management
- Assisting with the preparation of SEC financial (Form 10-K/ 10-Q) filings
- Work as a financial business partner to a designated business to provide accounting assistance
- Assist Business and Resource Unit personnel with the accounting for acquisition and divestitures
- Communicating analytical outcomes to multiple levels within the organization - both operational and financial personnel
- Analyze, test, and report on financial data; and participate in financial and management report preparation for use by company personnel
- Add interpretive value and context on accounting matters through consulting with Business and Resource Unit management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration/Management from an accredited institution
- Minimum of four (4) years of combined experience in public accounting or in an accounting policy group of a publicly traded company, including exposure to a manufacturing company.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- CPA certification
- Master's degree in Accounting or Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SEC accounting and reporting requirements
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and/or Hyperion experience
- Workiva (or similar) external reporting tool experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Inventory valuation and reserves
- Capitalization of property and leases
- Defined benefits or stock compensation accounting
- Asset impairment evaluation
- Acquisitions and divestitures
- Implementing new GAAP accounting standards
Salary range: $90k - 110k/year approximation (Actual compensation is subject to variation due to factors such as education, experience, skillset, and/or location).
About Howmet Aerospace
Howmet Aerospace Inc. (NYSE: HWM), headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company's sales for 2022 approximated $5.7 billion. The Company's primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts and forged wheels. With nearly 1,150 granted and pending patents, the Company's differentiated technologies promote more fuel efficiency for aircraft and commercial transportation. For more information, visit , including content shared during the Company's May 2022 Technology Day.
Follow: , , , , and .
Howmet is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email TalentAcquisitionCoE_Howmet@howmet.com
About the Team
Working at Howmet's Corporate Center
- You'll receive a generous 401k retirement plan, medical insurance, and free access to additional resource such as our Employee Assistance Program's: counseling, legal consulting, childcare, convenience services, and more.
- Diversity Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) dedicated to fostering inclusive work environments that leverage the diversity of backgrounds, experience and thought within our organization.
- Ongoing opportunities to participate in a wide variety of Learning & Development programs.
- Offers a hybrid work schedule, promoting a collaborative work environment and flexibility.
- Participate in corporately sponsored volunteer service events
- Opportunities to plan and/or attend organized social & community based activities to build your network
- Onsite cafeteria options with a terrace overlooking the city, direct access to the Riverwalk, and a close proximity to PNC Park.
- Access to LifeBalance, where you can save money on the things we all love most - fun family time, the great outdoors, health, fitness, travel, sports, and the arts
11/02/2023, 04:19 AM
201 Isabella Street, Pittsburgh, PA, 15212, US
Remote Work Schedule Availability?
LinkedIn Recruiter Tag