Job posting has expired
Associate / Senior Associate- Veterinary Clinical Research Associate - Monitor
| Zoetis, Inc
United States, Michigan, Kalamazoo
|December 07, 2023
States considered: Michigan
Associate / Senior Associate
US Clinical Operations
Global Clinical Development, Statistics and Data Management
Veterinary Medicine Research & Development
The successful applicant embodies Zoetis' Core Beliefs: Our Colleagues Make The Difference, Always Do The Right Thing, Customer Obsessed, Run It Like You Own It, and We Are One Zoetis.
Within US Clinical Operations, the candidate will be assigned to one or more Project Teams and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
As a member of the clinical team, assist with coordination of all study activities, including start up, Investigator training, conduct, site monitoring and close out. These may include, but are not limited to:
* Assist in the preparation of study protocols, amendments, deviations, data capture forms, electronic data capture systems, test article documentation and study reports
* Collaborate with multiple internal partner groups to plan, coordinate, conduct, analyze, and report studies
* Conduct training of Investigators and other study site personnel
* Serve as the principal communication link between the Sponsor and study sites
* Maintain study files in accordance with SOPs and regulatory requirements
* Assist in data management processes including paper and electronic data capture, entry, review, tracking and verification utilizing electronic tools and centralized data management systems.
* Provide clinical updates to project teams and sub-teams
* Assist with or coordinate animal related study activities (i.e. clinical sampling, test material administration and clinical observations). May include minimal animal handling.
* Travel: approximately 10 - 40% on an annual basis. Variable, depending upon project status.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum: Bachelor's degree
Desirable: Master's degree
* Two years' experience in companion animal medicine or livestock industry, a biological science area, a veterinary technician position, or research experience in an academic institution or the pharmaceutical industry.
* Ability to work both as a member of a team and independently in a self-directed and self-motivated manner.
* Excellent skills in the following competencies: organizing, planning, time management, quality, attention to detail.
* Well-developed critical thinking skills with the ability to learn on the fly and problem solve.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with very good written and oral communication skills.
* Competence with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams).
* Experience and interest in working with livestock including cattle, swine and/or poultry, as well as companion animals, including horses.
* Previous experience in a research environment and/or prior experience in research/product development in the animal health industry.
* Understanding of Good Clinical Practice and/or Good Laboratory Practices.
* Experience conducting/monitoring studies to Good Clinical Practice and/or Good Laboratory Practice standards.
* Previous experience in the preparation of regulatory submissions.
* Competence with electronic data capture, eClinical software or remote communication tools.Full time Regular Colleague
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.