At Stratton, we are a team of people who work extremely hard and take our jobs very seriously, without forgetting how to laugh and have fun. We choose people that display the talent and attitude that exemplify the high level of service our guests expect and deserve. Our vision is to be A BOLD MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY CULTIVATING EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCES.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Stratton's team members are rewarded with job experience, opportunities for career advancement and some great lifestyle perks (eligibility based on employee type). Examples of perks and benefits include:
- Alterra Mountain Company Employee Pass - free lift access & discounts at Stratton and all Alterra owned resorts
- Free or discounted Alterra Mountain Company season pass for dependents - this includes spouse & children under 26 years old
- 50% off day tickets at IKON partner resorts
- Free or discounted IKON pass
- Discounted golf, mountain biking and fitness center memberships
- Employee childcare rates & discounted seasonal programs for self & dependents
- Retail and Food and Beverage discounts
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, rental cars, etc.
- Discounted mountain bike &/or ski lift tickets for your friend & family guests
- Onsite medical clinic
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, and FSAs
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Discounted tuition with partner online university for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks
- Company paid sick time for all, and FTO/Vacation time
Additional perks & benefits for year round employees
The Events Operations Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the organization, set up and break down of the following mountain operation-based events and activities including, Ice Skating, Tubing & Snowmobile Tours.
We are committed to creating a positive environment that is open and friendly for guest and employees alike. A successful candidate will strive to deliver a rewarding and enduring employee experience. Happy, excited, highly motivated, loyal, and productive employees are the secret to achieving our strategic goals, which create value for our guests.
The Events Operations Supervisor is a full-time seasonal position and will be compensated at $22.50/hr.
- Oversee the day-to-day administration and supervision of the following resort operations- Ice Skating, Tubing & Snowmobile tours
- Work with department leads to execute each operation seamlessly, from set-up to break-down. Must step into daily operations as needed
- Maintain the highest safety standards and code compliance for guests and staff
- Interview, hire and ensure appropriate number of staff are scheduled at each location in order to ensure a seamless guest experience, while also maintaining budgetary considerations.
- Assist with daily payroll, ensuring accuracy in a timely manner
- Following and support staff throughout their employment life cycle, with a focus on staff retention, continued training, feedback, support and counseling as needed
- Work with various Resort Divisions, including Mountain Operations, Retail, Food & Beverage, Marketing and Lodging to best utilize assets and resources
- Maintain excellent guest and employee rapport, and ensure guest satisfaction remains at the highest level possible (internal & external)
- Attend and participate in daily/weekly/monthly meetings as directed by Events Manager
- Other duties as requested by Events Manager or Senior Leadership Team
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous supervisory experience required
- 2-4-year college degree in business, events, recreation or related field desired
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills - Microsoft office suite and electronic etiquette
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Strategic & creative thinker - Must be a strong problem solver and able to think on your feet to quickly grasp the situation and possible solutions
- Team Player - be flexible and open to new ideas and changing priorities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position is required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc.
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high
- Lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude, fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products, noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer