In Vision Human Services is an innovative, non-profit human services organization providing customized supports for people with challenging disabilities. We are currently looking for a Support Staff in our Comprehensive Living Program in Madison.
- Ensure that the wishes of each person supported are respected, and that their rights are honored without exception.
- Provide direct supports to one or more people served by In Vision Human Services during assigned periods.
- Provide direct assistance to each person supported in all areas of daily living skills, including [but not limited to] social and emotional support, communication assistance, crisis intervention, medication administration, and personal care.
- Provide transportation, communication, and other necessary assistance to each person supported related to medical or other emergency situations.
- Ensure at all times the health and safety of each person supported, and apply emergency procedures as necessary.
- Participate fully as a member of the Support Team - in the development and implementation of person centered plans, circles of support, individual program plans, personal goals, and support plans, in conjunction with other Support Team members.
- Implement all supports as specified in the person-centered plan, individual program plan, personal goals, and support plans [for psychiatric, behavioral, or other concerns] for each person served.
- Plan, participate, conduct, and document fire drills and fire equipment checks as scheduled or required.
- Provide direct assistance to each person supported with maintaining their home[s] in a clean, safe, and secure manner, including [but not limited to] housekeeping, yard care, cooking, laundry, shopping, errands, and hosting guests.
- Plan, organize, and document social and recreational activities in accordance with personal goals, support plans, person-centered plans, and individual program plans.
- Assist each person supported in exploring, obtaining, and maintaining participation in activities and organizations, including acclimating each person to the surrounding community.
- Diploma plus 1 year of experience working with people in a service capacity [or equivalent combination], over 18 years of age, valid driver's license, transportation. Shift is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 10am -7pm.