The Accounting Manager is responsible for a range of duties that can include, but not limited to preparation of financial reporting on a monthly and annual basis, ensuring adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (GAAP), budgeting and forecasting for future periods, oversight of billing and collection functions, and assisting in leadership's decisions.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements.
- Liaison for Route One accounting matters with other departments.
- Oversight of different staff functions, including customer billing and collections.
- Manage the relationship with external parties that assist in Route One financial matters.
- Monitor and review intercompany transactions with Canadian affiliate.
- Review monthly account reconciliations and bank reconciliations.
- Supervise the compilation of data for preparation of regularly scheduled and special accounting reports and verify statements to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), as well as company accounting policies & procedures.
- Assist in the modification, documentation, and implementation of accounting practices and systems and design of billing requirements for IT.
- Prepare required audit and tax schedules for external accountants.
- Review annual and quarterly tax requirements for US and Canada entities.
- Supervise Accounting/Finance staff.
- Organize and coordinate all accounting functions.
- Support the Chief Financial Officer and Controller on project-related assignments.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Maintains safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Experience with Canadian or international operations a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Great Plains is a plus.
- Experience with Workday or Adaptive is highly preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Detail oriented.
- Service oriented.
Other Essential Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with public accounting background.